The Art and Science of Geriatric Rehab: A one-day CEU workshop for OT/PT/SLP
Create better and more consistent rehab outcomes
Better client participation improves both client outcomes and the bottom line. However, many therapists are challenged by clients who refuse treatment or fail to participate fully in daily therapies. If they won’t get out of bed, it’s hard to get results.
Cultivating motivation is an art form that requires empathy and rapport building. Instead of cheerleading or giving orders, there are myriad ways to approach resistant clients and help them meet their therapy goals.
I get even difficult, dementia, low-functioning, and depressed clients to participate in therapy – come learn from me
My one-day workshop for OT/PT/SLPs helps you fine tune your evidenced-based clinical assessment and treatment skills. My specialty is blending the art and science of therapy to get remarkable results.
My one-day workshop gives you
- New ways to get a resistant client participating in their full treatment time
- More engagement and enjoyment in your work
- Increased satisfaction and confidence working with difficult clients
- Accelerated progress for visible and measurable results
The basis of this workshop uses research-based best practices that include meaningful, fun, therapeutic activities and techniques that build rapport and keep clients coming back.
- Get better, lasting outcomes and decreased hospitalizations by incorporating health behaviors, socioeconomic factors, and physical environment into the assessment and treatment goals
- Learn new techniques that make clients more receptive to participating in therapy
- Practice using pertinent, evidence-based assessment tools and tracking sheet
- Learn new treatment techniques for CVA, s/p hip fracture, fall prevention, or dementia clients using vertically-oriented magnetic games
- We break out into treatment sessions with an assigned diagnosis & problem list. That may be working as an interdisciplinary team.
- Also receive numerous handouts for client questionnaires, fall prevention, shoe test, etc.
My success rate with difficult, depressed, dementia, low functioning clients is outstanding. The cause for these results comes from using meaningful, simulating activities that evoke fond memories and positive emotions.
Instead of the standard therapy cones and weights, I use therapeutic versions of checkers, cards, and dominoes.
I look forward to sharing these treatment techniques with you.
Oregon-based workshop: $X (Includes ground transportation, all materials, and presentation.)
Outside Oregon: $X plus airfare (includes ground transportation, all materials, and presentation.)
You are responsible for arranging the venue (rental, A/V, food service, etc.)
Rehab Activities and Services Inc. is located in Oregon, but we are available to travel throughout the USA for one-day therapy workshops. Although this is a 1-day workshop, please contact me if you are interested in a lunchtime in-service or longer workshop.
Please complete the form below to receive more information or schedule a date.
Rehab Activities & Services, Inc will reply asap.